Pre treatment guidelines are important to follow, so you can get the best results from your service.
- Avoid Accutane in the six months prior to beginning your treatment sessions. Check with your prescribing physician.
- Do not use topical agents that may increase the sensitivity of your skin such as retinoids, Vitamin A, Retinol, exfoliants, topical antibiotics or hydroxy acids 5 days prior to your treatment.
- Avoid IPL/Laser procedures, professional resurfacing like Pro Nanoneedling or Pro Power Peel for at least 2 weeks prior to your procedure.
- Avoid unprotected sun exposure, or sunburn for at least 2 weeks prior to your procedure.
- No waxing, depilatory creams, or electrolysis to the area being treated for 5 days prior.
- Do not shave the day of the procedure to avoid skin irritation and wait for 3-5 days after treatment before shaving again.
- Keep makeup to a minimum on the day of your treatment if possible.
- Do not experiment with new products before the treatment.
- Avoid alcohol, blood thinners and caffeine 24-48 hours before the treatment.
- Skin priming 2-4 weeks prior to treatment will be critical to enhance skin health and increase the potential for better results. A well hydrated and prepped skin with a good barrier function means skin will tolerate the treatment better and reduce the risk of adverse responses. Speak to your skin therapist for recommended products to prime the skin.
Aftercare is critical for achieving your healthiest-looking skin, so I want to make sure you know exactly what to do.
Do not apply makeup for up to 24 hours after treatment. You can cleanse your face 12 hours after treatment with UltraCalming Cleanser and tepid water. Use serums or recommended products per your skin therapists directions. Continue to wear SPF30+ daily.
Up to 48 hours after
- Do not apply cold compresses or ice packs to the skin.
- Avoid taking ibuprofen or other anti-inflammatories.
- Apply a physical SPF30+ during the day, aft 24 hours (and cleansing your face).
Up to 72 hours after
- Avoid sweaty exercise and sun exposure.
- Avoid active skin care (including AHA’s/BHA’s, exfoliants, Vitamin A, Retinol, etc).
- If you must wear make-up, use mineral based, oil-free make-up.
- Do not Pick or peel skin during the healing process.
- Do not go swimming.
After your treatment please continue to apply SPF30+ daily and reapply during the day if necessary. Avoid direct sun. Your skin will be making new collagen and sun exposure breaks down collagen.
Home care post treatment is vital. Please use your after-care kit and Pro Restore as directed and prescribed products to increase the potential for better results from your treatment.
Should you have any concerns after your treatment, please contact me.